Summary: I decided to build my own publishing platform similar to Ghost.org and Medium.com, but with a focus on user-generated content capabilities.
- Editor UI is minimalistic and easy to use
- Authors are able to share any content with the global site due to a shared domain level taxonomy
- Authors are able to build out their custom taxonomies within their microsites by creating tags
- The global site contains category listing pages, while author microsites contain individual posts and custom categories
- Platform will be easy to deploy for any niche